Patrick Bourlon, DC, CCSP
Prior to Dr. Bourlon's education as a Doctor of Chiropractic, he worked for six years as an Emergency Medical Technician. During this time he was involved in hundreds of interactions with medical patients and helped many people through accidents and life threatening conditions. Through this work he began to notice patterns in many of his patients' health and lifestyles, such as obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease. These factors were often the underlying cause or at least a major contributing factor of their urgent health crisis, and therefore the reason they required emergency intervention. Although Dr. Bourlon found this life saving work to be very satisfying, he began to develop the belief that health care should be proactive as well as reactive, and focus on education and prevention in order to keep people healthy. Dr. Bourlon followed this philosophy personally as well, by always striving to maintain a healthy weight, eat a nutritious diet and stay active in sports and exercise.
After completing his education as a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Bourlon has continued to improve his education and qualifications in nutrition, rehabilitation and chiropractic. In 2013 this passion for learning led him to become a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP®), and also train in the Kinesiotape® method. This diverse training allows Dr. Bourlon to address many issues along the broad spectrum of health, from emergency intervention to acute injury treatment to education and preventative care.
At Active Chiropractic & Rehabilitation, Dr. Bourlon's specialized knowledge and training allows him to treat each patient with the attention and personalized care they deserve. We may not all be Olympic athletes, but we all have the potential to maximize our body's potential for wellness, health and fitness. Through his unique and considerable skillset, Dr. Bourlon is able to help you set achievable goals to understand and manage your health, and help you along your journey out of pain and back to life.
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, Alberta, Canada Emergency Medical Technician - Ambulance and Intermediate, 1989-1990
- Mount Royal College, Calgary, Alberta, Pre-Medical Studies, 1994-1997
- University of Western States, Portland, Oregon, Doctor of Chiropractic, 1997-2000
- University of Western States, Portland, Oregon, Post Doctorate, Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, 2013
- Kinesio Tape Association International, Kinesio Taping 1 and 2, 2013
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Parts 1-4, completed 2000
- Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners, completed 2000
- American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, completed 2013
Memberships & Associations:
- Oregon Chiropractic Association
- Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce
- Kinesio Taping Association International, KTP Level